NHS Staffordshire and Stoke On Trent Wellbeing Service (20.09.2021)
I want to bring to the attention of parents and families the following service:
https://www.staffsandstokewellbeing.nhs.uk/ Please note that self referrals can be made to the services.
TREATING YOU AS WHOLE PERSON
We offer help for any type of emotional problem, or physical symptoms that can cause emotional distress. The most common symptoms we help are those of anxiety, low mood, and physical conditions that cause fatigue, pain or restrict people’s lives in some way.
1 in 4 of us will be suffering from some kind of emotional problem at any point in time, but this rises to about 2 out of 4 people living with a physical health condition, or persistent physical symptoms. Visit our page “A range of emotional and physical problems” to see the list of problems we treat, and watch our video below to learn more.
- Depression (low mood)
- Worry (generalised anxiety)
- Panic attacks and Agoraphobia (fear of panic in public places from which a quick escape is difficult)
- Social Phobia (fear of panic or anxiety symptoms in front of others)
- Specific Phobias (Fear of specific animals, situations or objects)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Intrusive thoughts, images or doubts causing anxiety/distress, and the compulsion to “undo” them with repeated rituals e.g. washing, checking, repeating)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (acute distress when reminded of a traumatic event, leading to avoidance of reminders, and re-experiencing through nightmares or flashbacks)
- Health Anxiety (excessive anxiety caused by physical symptoms, or thoughts of serious illness)
- Chronic Fatigue (excessive prolonged tiredness)
- Irritable bowel symptoms
The emotional effects of living with/managing
- Respiratory problems
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Persistent Pain
- Any other physical health condition
- The emotional and physical effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic